In this post: …faith the size of a mustard seed is enough.
I’m preparing to start a new blog series titled “Clinging to Mustard Seeds” and I’d love to invite you to follow along. This series was inspired by a Scripture found in the book of Matthew…
“Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”Matthew 17:20
Do you believe that?
Faith the Size of a Mustard Seed
Sometimes I think we feel like we need to muster up enough faith to get through hard times, but the truth is, we just have to believe the smallest promises in Scripture. Because faith the size of a mustard seed is enough.Faith the Size of a Mustard Seed is Enough Click To Tweet
What I mean by that is that we don’t have to know and grasp the entirety of Scripture, but if we believe what we know, it can get us through anything. It’s how I got through 4+ years of chronic migraines. It’s how I survived Covid-19 when they thought I was a gonner. It’s how I overcame my fear of thunderstorms.
Clinging to Mustard Seeds
Clinging to mustard seeds isn’t just a saying for me, it’s a way of life. My way of believing. And it changes everything.
I hope you’ll join me over the next year as share my mustard seeds of faith with you. And I’d love it if you would join the conversation in the comments and share some of your mustard seeds with me as well.
Mustard Seeds of Faith
Here are just a few examples of my mustard seeds of faith:
- I am loved. (Matthew 6:26-30)
- God’s love for me is unconditional (Psalm 86:5)
- I am not alone. (Isaiah 41:10)
- My sins are forgiven. (1 John 1:9)
- I can’t out sin the blood of Jesus. (Isaiah 1:18)
- This world isn’t all there is. (2 Corinthians 4:17)
- God knows. He isn’t surprised or caught off guard. (Matthew 6:8)
- There is nothing too big for God to handle. (Matthew 19:26)
- God is unchanging. (Hebrews 13:8)
- God hears us. (Isaiah 65:24)
“For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.”2 Corinthians 1:20 (NIV)
Tune in the third Monday of every month for a new post in this series.